MedTek21 enables complete COVID-19 testing and compliance workflow solutions
PLEASE NOTE: MedTek21 is supporting COVID-19 diagnostic testing for long term care, chronic care, health system, government, and employer clients. MedTek21 does not support individual patient testing. If you feel sick, please consult a medical professional and consult the CDC for more information on COVID-19.
COVID-19, otherwise known as the novel coronavirus, is a global pandemic with a high rate of transmission and has been shown to dramatically impact high-risk populations. Speed and certainty of detection within patient populations is key to identifying and isolating potential outbreaks.
MedTek21 supports standalone COVID-19 test panels, as well as COVID-19+RPP panels that also provide insight into over 26 additional bacterial and viral respiratory pathogens. The MedTek21 system provides fast, efficient access to patient reports as soon as they are available, allowing them to be utilized within existing care workflows.
The MedTek21 client operations team is built to help you support rapid-response efforts, bulk collection initiatives, as well as telemedicine options where necessary. MedTek21 even helps support local and state compliance mandates for testing programs and tracking.
MedTek21 has partnered with AccessDx to enable the procurement, ordering, and results delivery of the AccessDx COVID-19 test panels for MedTek21 clients. The AccessDx tests has been made available pursuant to the FDA’s Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for diagnostic testing in CLIA-certified laboratories.
- Collection methodology: Nasal (NP) and/or Oral (OP) swabs, provided by MedTek21. Collection kits can be provided for same-day/next-day use as necessary.
- Turnaround time: 24-48 business hours from lab receipt
- Clients supported: Health systems, long term care facilities, employer groups, state and local government agencies
Accurate infection diagnosis with real-time PCR
- PCR is a molecular technique that can precisely analyze the genetic material of pathogens
- Provides a definitive diagnosis in line with current guidelines
- 24 hour turnaround from sample receipt
- MedTek21 provides fast, efficient access to patient reports as soon as they are available, enabling them to be utilized within the existing care workflows.
- Easy software-based ordering for existing MedTek21
- Lab testing provided by AccessDX
- Telemedicine support resources available
The MedTek21 COVID-19 Antibody test is designed to identify the presence of IgG antibodies from a patient’s blood sample. This type of testing helps to identify those who have had previous exposure to the virus, even if that individual has been previously asymptomatic. MedTek21 COVID-19 antibody testing can be utilized by healthcare providers and health agencies as part of their mitigation and tracking programs, as well as employer groups looking to assess potential outbreaks or facilitate return-to-work processes.
Here’s how it works:
- A healthcare provider takes a blood sample
- The sample is sent to AccessDx and loaded on specialty equipment
- Results are provided within 24 hours, and often the same day as the specimen receipt
- Results are accessible by the provider/patient via a secure portal
COVID-19 Antibody Fast Facts
- Methodology: Qualitative 2-step chemiluminescent microparticle
- Equipment: Abbott Laboratories
- Collection Process: Blood Draw, EDTA
- Turnaround Time: 24 business hours from lab receipt
- Lab Throughput: 1,800 samples/day
- Reimbursement: Yes – varies
Collection Options: Requires clinical blood draw
- Kit: Standard blood collection materials can be used and
- Cold Chain: Not required for samples up to 48 hours from draw to lab receipt